USB key data export with data assurance
What it does
Insert a USB key, select memory mode, watch for USB symbol, then push the download (triangular) button.
The instrument memory is dumped onto the USB key. The *.csv files are named sequentially, and are never overwritten.
Data typically includes:
- Source and power meter s/n
- Test result alpha-numeric name (previously entered by operator)
- Test result time & date stamp
- Source nominal power level at each λ
- Source reference power level at each λ
- Meter absolute reading level at each λ
- Meter relative reading level at each λ
Benefit: Simple, reliable & flexible test data recovery
- Gives an instrument endless memory capacity: just dump, empty memory, & continue.
- Back up the day's work, onto multiple keys if needed.
- Independent of any computing device or operating system; versatile and future-proof.
- Move data files onto a mobile device and send to your office.
The picture shows a mobile phone's memory card used with a USB adaptor, prior to phoning results back to the office.
- Read data files into KITS™ software for versatile off-site reporting and analysis etc (firmware V1.14 and later). This software alternatively connects to an instrument in real-time if preferred.
- Data files are secure when used with KITS software, which will positively identify if the data file has not been tampered with.