CWDM / DWDM systemsTest multiplexed (multi-channel) communication transmission power: used in many network environments.
- Easily check for traffic or test tones on live fiber
- Supplied with interchangeable heads for most fiber/cable types
- Low false detection rate
- Uses popular 9 volt alkaline battery. Auto turn-off
- Power display is very useful for finding lossy components
- Requires a light source with tone facility, 1550 nm for maximum range
Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM) is mainly used with single mode fiber from 1270 – 1610 nm. It is used for modest value systems where optical amplifiers are not needed, such as PONs, WANs and some datacentre specific architectures. In practice, these are usually quite low power systems.
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) is mainly used with single mode fiber from 1460 – 1625 nm, for high value systems where optical amplifiers are needed, typically on long distance trunk / submarine systems, or high split-out distribution systems. These are usually specialized, low fiber count systems, where maximum network availability is key. Eye safety and equipment damage can be significant problems.
- Our laser light sources have a zero warm up option for exceptional stability. Sources are available with 1310 / 1490 / 1550 / 1625 nm or any CWDM wavelength
- Specialist wavelength selective channel monitors
- Our InGaAs or High Power optical power meters are accurate over the full CWDM / DWDM wavelength and power range, with power levels up to +33 dBm
- Our inspection microscope is eye safe, easy to use and provides a good image
- Interchangeable connectors easily accommodate your varying connector styles
- Our test kits wrap this capability up in one convenient p/n
- Accurate Variable Attenuators for margin testing, have flat wavelength response and power handling to +30 dBm
- Reduced training & higher throughput for faster network rollout
- Flexibility to get the job done first time, regardless of unexpected site variations
- More accurate testing
- Flexible, secure & easy reporting
- Great service, support & warranty