PON / FTTx systemsPassive optical networks split signals without power. Found in fiber to the home (FIOS, NBN), curb, basement, node, and some LAN systems.
Our Specialist Power Meter
While our more comprehensive general purpose kits are generally capable of FTTx / PON testing, this lower cost option provides for effective inline end-point testing.
Note for Australian customers: Our National Broadband Network (NBN) & Telstra reporting integration solutions require KI 2000 series testers. For more information, you can review our Australia Information Page, or get in touch.
All PON / FTTx Capable Products:
- Easily check for traffic or test tones on live fiber
- Supplied with interchangeable heads for most fiber/cable types
- Low false detection rate
- Uses popular 9 volt alkaline battery. Auto turn-off
- Power display is very useful for finding lossy components
- Requires a light source with tone facility, 1550 nm for maximum range
PON installations offer unique challenges due to their point-to-multipoint architecture, generally low value per connection, high number of connections, and often random service turn-up per connection. Usually very short distance, on-site skill levels may be modest. Installation is usually multi-phase, with many parts signed off without any live service connected, which makes testing more important.
- Our classic PON meter is a simple, reliable & inexpensive service turn-up tool
- Our VFL is a safe, rugged & easy to use fault, continuity & route checker
- Our inspection microscope is safe, easy to use and provides a good image
- Clip-on fiber identifiers are also used for checking
- A wide variety of optical light sources, optical power meters, and loss test sets are available with 1310 / 1490 / 1550 nm wavelengths
- Our test kits wrap this capability up in one convenient p/n
- Simple, reliable, proven and inexpensive solutions
- VFLs and microscopes meet OH&S eye safety standards
- Great service, support & warranty