PON / FTTx systemsFor PON (FTTH) networks.
PON installations offer unique challenges due to their point-to-multipoint architecture, generally low value per connection, high number of connections, and often random service turn-up per connection. Usually very short distance, on-site skill levels may be modest. Installation is usually multi-phase, with many parts signed off without any live service connected, which makes testing more important.
- Our classic PON meter is a simple, reliable & inexpensive service turn-up tool
- Our VFL is a safe, rugged & easy to use fault, continuity & route checker
- Our inspection microscope is safe, easy to use and provides a good image
- Clip-on fiber identifiers are also used for checking
- A wide variety of optical light sources, optical power meters, and loss test sets are available with 1310 / 1490 / 1550 nm wavelengths
- Our test kits wrap this capability up in one convenient p/n
- Simple, reliable, proven and inexpensive solutions
- VFLs and microscopes meet OH&S eye safety standards
- Great service, support & warranty
Our Specialist Power Meter
While our more comprehensive general purpose kits are generally capable of FTTx / PON testing, this lower cost option provides for effective inline end-point testing.
Note for Australian customers: Our National Broadband Network (NBN) & Telstra reporting integration solutions require KI 2000 series testers. For more information, you can review our Australia Information Page, or get in touch.
All PON / FTTx Capable Products:
- Easily check for traffic or test tones on live fiber
- Supplied with interchangeable heads for most fiber/cable types
- Low false detection rate
- Uses popular 9 volt alkaline battery. Auto turn-off
- Power display is very useful for finding lossy components
- Requires a light source with tone facility, 1550 nm for maximum range