KI-TK832 32 Fiber MPO/MTP™ Visual Cable Verifier
Kingfisher's unique and innovate MPO Visual Cable Verifier Kit is a quick, versatile and inexpensive way to visually check MPO cable installations and patch leads for polarity and continuity, and overall end face condition. Just connect the source, and view the far end with the microscope to observe the repeating color pattern at the far end. The colour sequence indicates the connection type. While doing this, the user can also check if the overall connector end is clean. This method is inexpensive and easily scalable to any number of fibers (a 12 fiber connector is shown in the illustration). See Quick Reference Guide or Video for operation of this Kit.
- Quickly verify the A, B, C status & end face of MPO patch leads.
- Quickly verify polarity & continuity of installed MPO links, 1 Km range.
- Quickly check & clean the entire connector end-face & pins.
- A single solution for 16 & 32 fiber connectors.
- Both SM & MM fiber.
- Generally meets current regulations & best practice for eye safety.
KI28832, MPO-16 & MPO-32 connectors. With standard accessories: quick reference guide, user manual, conformance certificate.
Connector inspection microscope
Standard accessories: 2.5 mm universal PC polish connector adapter, batteries, user manual, conformance certificate.
MPO/MTP™ adapter, OPT674
Connector & battery summary
The light source is compatible with MPO/MTP-16, -32, connectors, SM & MM
The microscope is compatible with MPO/MTP-16, -32 connectors, SM & MM. More microscope interchangeable connector adapters can be ordered.
The light source uses 2 x AA alkaline or NiMH batteries with selectable re-charging via micro USB port. Run time is 70 hours.
The microscope uses 1 x AAA battery with 300 hr life or external micro USB power. Rechargeable batteries must be removed for charging.
Case & contents
- OPT154B-case - Highly cushioned and convenient carry case, sturdily constructed of durable custom molded urethane foam, splash resistant cloth outer covering with zipper and separator, carry strap.
- The kit case has space for any two KI2000 style instruments, VFL pen, microscope, batteries, adapters, manuals, test mandrels, power packs, leads and cleaning materials.
- The semi-rigid case construction is comfortable to use, avoids damaging other objects, and it's compartment layout helps avoid leaving items on-site.
- Stick-Type, MPO Connector Cleaner, 10-stick Pack
- Optional MPO/MTP reel cleaner OPT401