Legendary source stability
What it does:
- High quality fiber connected sources with low loss interchangeable connectors improve test source stability. For example, we specify the source re-connection repeatability as 0.1 dB.
- We accurately set the laser power, so power meter referencing is a more reliable process. The actual power will be very close to the nominal power.
- SM lasers have a tight 20 nm wavelength tolerance, for improved long distance test repeatability.
- MM LEDs are mode controlled to meet Encircled Flux requirements with no additional conditioning patch leads.
- The Autotest feature has high functionality with data transfer, This reduces laser warm up, so also makes measurements more stable.
- Typical users will get accurate and repeatable loss test results under all conditions.
- Save time with less referencing
For truly state-of-the art source stability, please see our Zero warm-up sources & loss testers, which take source stability to a whole new level for a modest extra cost.
See also: Total uncertainty specification