Bi-directional loss & ORL test procedure using a pair of two-way loss test sets
This method is the fastest and most accurate method for any link. The method of operation is a simplified version of Example 3:
- A bi-directional LTS is required at each end.
- Each instrument is referenced to itself, which is best done just before the measurement. This greatly reduces the problem of source drift, battery life, etc.
- The bi-directional dual wavelength measurement takes about the same time as a single direction, single wavelength measurement using previous generation instruments.
- The averaged link loss results are displayed directly on both instruments. If dual wavelength LTS are used, both values are displayed. No operator calculation is required.
- If the appropriate LTS is used, the return loss from each end is also automatically measured.
- If the KITS™ program is used, the measurement is clicked directly into the user report
|Source, incl. mandrel wrap if multimode|
|DUT Device Under Test (system being tested)|
[instructions on use of the relative mode are in italics]
Kingfisher International are specialist designers and manufacturers of handheld fiber optic test equipment.
Our equipment is used in all phases of fiber optic manufacture, installation and maintenance. Our comprehensive documentation and resources help you get started easily.
Kingfisher Products are Australian made, with a global distribution & support network spanning over 70 countries.